Monday, October 13, 2008

St. George getaway

Last weekend we partied in St. George with my sister, Rachel, her husband Rich and baby Noah. My parents had gone down a few weeks ago to see Les Miserables at the Tuacahn theater and enjoyed it so much that they offered to take the kids for a weekend so we could go see it. Thanks mom and dad! We had a blast. The play was just fabulous! I think I could have sung along to the whole thing because I just love the music, but I restrained myself so as not to bug everyone around me.

The next day we spent in Zions National Park. We did a fun, easy hike to the Emerald Pools and then over to the Grotto. I still have no idea what the grotto is. The views were quite pretty.



At one point on the trail when we were in no doubt that we were on the right trail we ran into these little guys.

About a thousand little trail markers. It was very cute, like a small replica of Goblin Valley.

Baby Noah was just an angel for the whole trip! On both the drive down and the drive home he was so quiet you would forget he was there. We never even had to stop. He was totally easy-going about whatever we did. What a gem!


I discovered something new on this trip. Rachel and I can both frown and our husbands can't. Rachel's frown is much more dramatic, but I really thought everyone could frown. They also can not plug their noses with their lips like this. It was quite a handy skill when I took swimming lessons as a kid.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Looks like a lot of fun. What a great idea. How did your kids do?

Anonymous said...

I didn't know I had such talented daughters . . . frowning . . . plugging noses . . . Wow! I'm so proud!

Okie said...

Cool trip. Looks like tons of fun. Glad to see you weren't frozen out while we had snow up North.

Lynette and her fam always love the lip-to-nose trick. I'll have to go practice frowning with her tonight and see how we do. I've never really thought about it.

Debra said...

Now THAT is attractive!

Adam Ruben said...

To this day that is how I plug my nose doing flip turns! I dont quite understand what everyone else does to keep their eyes from watering every turn, but it's always worked for me!