Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hero Week Day 2: Colin Lewis and Nick Galieti

Colin Lewis and Nick Galieti are two great guys. They've been in the Elders Quorum presidency since we moved into our house (and before). I've always felt there are people around who you can be mentored by and those who you can bless and help. Colin and Nick have been a great, solid, consistent influence for good in our ward.

Both Colin and Nick have spent several hours over the past two years talking to me about the people I've been assigned to home teach. You can tell their love for the gospel, me, and those we discuss. It's evident by the time they've spent praying for and thinking about each family. They've gone home teaching with me several times, and teaching by example, they show how to teach, how to listen, and how to care for those you have responsibility for. I'm always impressed by the way they show their gratitude for the work I do, as well as taking the time to give suggestions or make comments on how I can improve.

I hope this continues for a long time (me listening and them teaching), as I learn frequently the man I can become by following their examples.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

1 comment:

wende said...

i love heroes week - way better than the overrated tv shows heroes which seems to be getting dumber by the minute.

i too am grateful for hero/teachers around me. i bet you're a teacher too and don't even know it. in fact, i know you are.