Sunday, October 5, 2008

Eblescivers for General Conference

Tradition has it (well...at least for a few years) that we make eblescivers on Sunday of General Conference. Lisa bought some buttermilk, but it spoiled a few days ago, so I thought it was off. Lisa, however, made it work and they were good! Thank you sweetie! Here are some pictures (if you've never seen spaceship pancakes...I mean eblescivers. Lisa loves strawberries and cream, while I'm partial to putting cinnamon and sugar on it. Here is a picture of the eblesciver pan, the eblescivers, and the toppings:



4 comments:

Debra said...

Is that like a scone??? Never heard of it.

Trixie said...

Those look really cool. Do you use regular pancake batter? I think I'd like to try them...thanks for sharing your tradition. Oh and where do you find a pan like that?

Rachel Poulsen said...

I love ebelskivers! Haven't done those in a while. They're such a mess!

Rachel Poulsen said...

Okay - that last comment was not from Rachel, it was from me, your mother-in-law! Josh, help! Why do my comments keep coming from other people? My last comment came from my dad for some crazy reason! I know you'll be able to figure this out for me . . .