Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!!


Well you would never guess my Dad has just reached finished his 50th year of life. He seems so much younger! Last Friday my siblings and I put on a fabulous little shindig so as to make all his friends and family aware of his age. And the best part of it was that he was totally surprised! As you can see from his expression in the above picture. (Actually I think "confused" fits a little better there. And they were shopping at Costco, which is why he's holding all that stuff.) My mom and my sister, Kim, even worked on putting together a really great little movie of his life, which meant my mom had to dig through boxes of photos and scan pictures of him while he was working from home. It was pretty impressive that she managed to keep such a big secret from him. Anyways, it was a great party and lot of people showed up due to my dad being such a great guy and all. I didn't get many pictures of all the guests because it got a little busy at that point. I was a little worried that the twins would freak out when we all yelled "Surprise!", but they did fine. Sydney freaked out instead. She really hates the dark so I guess standing in the dark for several minutes and then everyone yelling at once was a bit stunning. She really tried to hold it in, but broke into sobs a couple minutes after the big yell. It was so fun decorating and getting ready that it makes me want to throw surprise parties for people more often!

No comments: